At Secrets of Sherwood Ltd we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and users whilst providing the highest possible quality of service. When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the UK Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (Data Protection Legislation), we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Under the terms of the Data Protection legislation, we are required to explain how Secrets of Sherwood Ltd collects personal data from you, why we collect it, how we process it and where we may disclose it to other entities.
Secrets of Sherwood Ltd registered as a data controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
The information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website at www.secretsofsherwood.com and information provided to our call centre. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the website
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- If you telephone us, we may keep recordings of the call for training, fraud prevention, servicing your account and regulatory consent
- Details of transactions you carry out through the website and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- We may also receive your information from another organisation that you have consented for them to share your data
We also collect data because it is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are set out below.
- Improving our service and our products
- Understanding our customers' wishes and shopping preferences
- Direct Marketing
Privacy Notice UK Website
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies and other such software on our website contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system
- Your browser type
- The name of your internet service provider
- The date, time and duration of your visit
- The name and URL of pages you access
The purpose of this is for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This contains statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How we use your information
How long we keep your data for
At Secrets of Sherwood we are fortunate to have loyal customers who purchase our products over many years. To serve our customers in the best possible manner and to continue to inform them about new products and service we have decided to retain customer data for 15 years after the last purchase date.
Direct Marketing Communications
We will periodically email you with special offers but only relating to this business.
We will not share your information with any other business or organisation.